Here at the Wiseburn Unified School District, we believe that healthy students are better learners. We are committed to fostering a healthy school environment that promotes the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of our students.
We provide a range of health services from routine screenings to comprehensive health care. The Health Services team includes a full-time Registered Nurse and dedicated Health Clerks who are committed to the health and wellness of our students.
Registered Nurse: Our full-time Registered Nurse conducts essential health screenings for hearing and vision, provides detailed care planning for students with health concerns, and takes part in the evaluation process for students in Special Education.
Health Clerks: We have a full-time Health Clerk at Dana Middle School and part-time Health Clerks at all of our elementary school sites. Our Health Clerks deliver first aid, offer daily routine health care, and maintain comprehensive health files for each student.
- Routine Screenings: We conduct regular hearing and vision screenings, ensuring that our students are healthy and ready to learn.
- Student Health Care Planning: We offer detailed health care planning for students with unique health needs. Our Registered Nurse collaborates with parents, educators, and other health professionals to create a care plan tailored to each student's specific needs.
- First Aid and Routine Care: Our Health Clerks are well equipped to handle first aid situations and provide daily routine health care. We maintain an open-door policy for students who may need immediate attention due to illness or injury during school hours.
- Health Records Management: Our team diligently maintains health files for all students, ensuring accurate records and confidentiality.
- Special Education Services: We are an integral part of the Special Education assessment process, ensuring that students with special needs receive appropriate care and support.