Board Member Compensation Disclosure
Wiseburn Board of Trustees receive no compensation.
They perform all services to the Wiseburn community as volunteers.
Israel A. Mora, President
2001 - Present
Mr. Israel Mora serves on the Board of Trustees of both the Wiseburn Unified School District and Da Vinci Schools. Mr. Mora oversaw with his colleagues the on-time and under-budget completion of the District's construction projects fulfilling Wiseburn's promise to rebuild the schools. Mr. Mora brings a wealth of experience and valuable insight in the areas of business, facilities, finance and project management. He joined the Da Vinci Board in 2013 establishing another strong link between the two organizations and with the Wiseburn community. Mr. Mora moved to the Hollyglen community in 1999 with his wife and two small sons who attended Cabrillo, Burnett, and Dana schools. He was a member of the Wiseburn Education Foundation before being named to the Wiseburn School District Board of Trustees in 2001. Born in Costa Rica, Mr. Mora came to the United States at the age of eight speaking no English. He studied Economics and Business at UCLA, and spent nine years running the UCLA student union and concessions before moving into the food and beverage industry and now the hotel business. Mr. Mora currently serves as the general manager of the Courtyard by Marriott LAX.
Neil Goldman, Vice President/Clerk
2015 - Present
President of the Wiseburn Education Foundation
- Founding member of Rock around the Block
- District Budget Review Committee member
- Member of the Juan de Anza Parent Advisory Council
- Worked to support the Wiseburn Unification and Bond measures for education for our students.
- Future Wiseburn High School Committee member
Facilitator for joint Wiseburn/Da Vinci board planning meetings.
- Helping with the design of the student, parent and teacher surveys.
- Conducting Juan de Anza school site research
- Focus group research and communications planning for Da Vinci Innovation Academy
- District-wide research on our desired high school (Community Survey)
Dr. Goldman brings an understanding of education and management. He holds a doctorate degree in education and a master’s degree in business administration.
JoAnne Kaneda, Member
2001 - 2009; 2014 - Present
Over the 21 years that Ms. Kaneda has been associated with Wiseburn, both with children in our schools and serving on the board, she has volunteered in AYSO soccer, Little League, Wiseburn Education Foundation, and actively supported our successful unification and school improvement campaigns. The board’s purpose going forward is to lead the district to completion of our new Wiseburn High School, and to integrate our K-12 curriculum to the world-class standards our community expects.
Roger Bañuelos, Member
2009 - Present
- Board Member - Wiseburn Education Foundation
- Past Chairman - Wiseburn School District Citizen's Oversight Committee
- Coach and Parent Volunteer - AYSO Teams
- Assistant Coach and Parent Volunteer - Wiseburn Little League Teams
Nelson Martinez, Member
2005 - Present
Mr. Nelson Martinez is a long-time Del Aire resident and he attended Wiseburn schools as a student, graduating from both Anza Elementary and Dana Middle School. Mr. Martinez is a Senior Project Manager with a school construction management firm. He has volunteered as an Aviation Little League Baseball coach in Del Aire, following his own participation in that league, as well as AYSO, as a player. Mr. Martinez is married to Helen and has two young sons who will in time attend Wiseburn schools. He is eagerly looking forward to serving on the Board of Trustees and contributing to the Wiseburn community.