Teaching and Learning
2021-2022 Next Generation Science Standards Resource Adoption
WUSD recognizes that high-quality instructional materials matter just as much as great teaching. As a part of our commitment to provide students and teachers with resources that will best support the learning needs of all, we are convening an NGSS resource materials advisory committee of educators, educational partners, and students. Our goal is to finalize adoption and implementation of new instructional materials in the area of science for the 2022-23 school year.
Changing science resources for students and ensuring all students have access to rigorous, grade-level instruction in all WUSD classrooms will ensure that our investments in high-quality materials truly return better learning outcomes for our students.
Over the 2021-22 school year, this committee will engage in the following work:
- Establish a shared vision for excellence in science instruction as a lens for examining CA Standards-aligned Curriculum
- Review policies and tools used to select materials in WUSD
- Understand the timeline for review/selection
- Engage in reviewing and selecting materials
- Participate in informational sessions
- Interact with prospective science curriculums
- Help to speak to and engage additional educational partners in decision making and input