Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment
WUSD Transitional Kindergarten Program Opens to 4-Year-Old Students
California Assembly Bill 130 has made it possible for all four-year-olds in California to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten (TK). Starting in 2022-2023 AB 130 extends the birthday window by two months each year so that every child who turns four by September 1st can attend a public school TK program (by 2025-2026).
WUSD TK and Kindergarten enrollment begins February 1, 2022. Please visit the Wiseburn USD website www.wiseburn.org/enrollment for information and access to our online enrollment platform for your student.
Why enroll in Transitional Kindergarten?
- Serves as a bridge between preschool and kindergarten, giving children more time for hands-on, interactive learning.
- Gives children the opportunity to spend time learning important social, emotional, and academic skills that will help them succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
- Helps children adjust to the school environment and develop strong learning skills.
- Helps young children learn school routines and activities, providing opportunities to learn in a school setting.
- Builds confidence and maturity.
- Enhances language and literacy skills.
- Improves social skills and self-control.
- Promotes communication skills with classmates and teachers.
- Improves behavior.
- Offers a developmental approach that emphasizes the social and emotional needs of children.
- Increases academic achievement in the primary grades, compared to students who do not attend.
WUSD Transitional Kindergarten Eligibility
|Year||Birth Months Qualifying for TK|
|Before 2021-22||September 2, 2016 - December 2, 2017|
|2022-23||September 2, 2017 - February 2, 2018|
|2023-24||September 2, 2018 - April 2, 2019|
|2024-25||September 2, 2019 - June 2, 2020|
|2025-26 and after||September 2, 2020 - September 1, 2021|
Wiseburn School Tours
Reserve your spot for an in-person or virtual school tour today!