Preparing for Back-to-School
The start of the school year is almost here! As we polish the floors, dust off our bookcases, and set up our rooms, we aim to share helpful messages over the next few weeks from the District and schools to ensure your student makes a smooth transition from summer to school.
This week and next week, you'll hear from the District with helpful information and the news you need to know. If you're not already, please be sure to give us a follow on Facebook and/or Instagram to stay connected.
The week of August 15, you'll hear from your affiliated school site(s) with all the information you need to get back-to-school ready, including more information on bell schedules, arrival and dismissal procedures, school supplies, open house information, and opportunities for parent involvement in the upcoming school year.
Then, the week of August 22, you'll hear from the District once more as we welcome our families to the beginning of the new year.
On August 29, we'll see you all at our very first day of school for the 2022-23 school year!
For now, be sure to keep reading for more information on our health and safety procedures, our school schedules, and our District calendar. In addition, if you have specific questions you’d like to see covered in our upcoming communications, you can submit them here.
Wiseburn Unified School District remains committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of students, staff, and our community. We continue to follow the required guidelines set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our schools.
As we know, these guidelines can change quickly. We remain ready to adapt to changing circumstances as needed, and will communicate these updates as/if they occur.
Our current COVID-19 protocols include the following:
- Masks are strongly recommended but not required indoors or outdoors.
- All spaces on our campuses are serviced by air purifier systems that circulate and disinfect the air.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly recommended for all students and staff.
- Wiseburn will have a cache of rapid COVID-19 tests available on our school sites for testing of symptomatic and exposed individuals. Please note, per guidelines from LACDPH, the District will utilize the rapid antigen tests in lieu of on-campus PCR testing.
- If individuals feel sick and have symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home and get tested.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must follow Public Health's COVID-19 Isolation Instructions and notify their close contacts.
- Individuals who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or are close contacts, must follow the COVID-19 Instructions for Close Contacts.
For more information, please see our health and safety protocols webpage here. Please also note the addition of a "mask status" indicator added to both the health and safety protocols page and our website homepage for easy reference in the event of changing masking guidelines.
Starting with the 2022-23 school year, grades TK-5 will adopt a new, expanded school schedule that provides students with more instructional time.
See our new start and end times below, as well as the times for the optional, free early breakfast program open to all students, in the downloadable images below.
Our schedule for Dana Middle School remains the same as in previous years, but with the addition of our optional, free early breakfast program. See it in the downloadable image below.
For a more detailed bell schedule, visit Dana's bell schedule webpage here.
Online and Printable Calendars
To see our district calendars, including our TK-5 calendar, Dana Middle School calendar, and school board meeting calendar, visit our calendars page here. For your convenience, you can also download printable school calendars via the buttons below.