During the May 9 meeting of the WUSD School Board, Superintendent Blake Silvers and Dr. Monique Ingram, Coordinator of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Compliance, presented a report on the current status of the renaming exploration process.
The presentation reviewed the following:
- A recap of the renaming process
- Actions taken since the board’s decision to rename the schools
- Outcomes from the citizens advisory committee meeting on April 26, including a summary of the pros and cons of each primary name type: individual, geographic, and values/characteristics
- Student engagement during the renaming process
- Summary of data and comments from the second community survey
Click here to download the slides from the presentation, and watch it in full by clicking the image below: