Social Media Guidelines
Wiseburn Unified School District and our associated schools, departments, and committees use social media as a communication tool to share information and news about the district and our schools. Pages are maintained and moderated by our communications team and other school staff.
We encourage civil and thoughtful dialogue about District and school site matters on social media. WUSD will not remove social media comments simply because of disagreement with the writer’s viewpoints and/or criticism of the District and school sites. However, we reserve the right across all of our affiliated pages to delete comments that contain:
- Content unrelated to the District and school sites or the post itself
- Personal attacks on staff members or other users on the page
- Foul language (profane or provocative; hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or derogatory; threats; obscene or sexually explicit)
- “Trolling” (deliberately offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting angry responses)
- Spam or the intent to sell a product or service
- Links to external sources
- Copyrighted materials
- Political information or campaign materials
Users who continually violate these guidelines will be banned or blocked from the social media page/account and may be reported to the social media platform.
Should you have questions or concerns about a WUSD social media account, please direct your inquiry via email to our Wiseburn Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.